Saturday, July 29, 2006

Distraction

I'm looking at Tenor Saxes on e-bay to distract myself from feeling so anxious about getting another kiddo. Anyway, I found a couple that I would like to get. One of them ends in just a couple of hours and I thinnk it's going to go for a pretty good price. But Phillip is not here and we have not talked about spending a few hundred on a saxophone right now, so I won't be bidding on it...as much as I would like to. Here's a pic. of the one that is ending in a couple of hours. It's a Buescher made in the 1920's. It will probably go for $500.00 or so. I had an instructor that had one of these horns. I love the way it looks. I'm sure it would need some work, but it would be worth it.



This is another one that would be cool to get. They are going for quite a bit more if they're in good condition. This is a Conn "Naked Lady" tenor sax made in the 1940's. They are going for $1,000.00-2,000.00. Here are a couple of pics. You can kind of see the "naked lady." It's really just her upper body and face.





Or I could just drop 3-4K on a pro. model Selmer or Yamaha. But I'd really rather have an old beater to get fixed up.

2 comments:

Maury said...

Just get it and tell Phillip it was a surprise for him.

Mad Housewife said...

I played the French horn in school. I half toyed with the idea of getting one to play at special church performances. I also looked on eBay and found that I'll never be able to afford one. I like the silver sax best. It looks like it could tell you a story about its life.