Friday, July 21, 2006

Season of blessing

For a long time now, I have been asking God to pour out a season of blessings in our lives. I have asked this with the knowledge that we are His kids and He loves us and desires to give us good things. Now, I know that just to breathe is a blessing, and our family and home are blessings. Food is a blessing. And I'm not trying to knock those things. But when you've been in a sea of pain, disappointment, and loss for so long, it's really hard to see the blessings sometimes. I mean, on one hand you're always looking for something to be thankful for, but on the other hand, it's hard to be thankful for things that you feel should be a "natural human right." I am finally starting to see God's hand begin to put things in place in our lives. That does not mean that He hasn't been doing that all along. I just couldn't see it. All I could do was believe the promise that He knows the plans He has for me (Jer. 29:11). I am so looking forward to our future now. And that's kind of a big deal. Of course, I know that nothing is certain. I know that things like Cancer, floods, and drunk drivers happen every day. But I am also beginning to see that trials do not have to take a person's soul. I'm finally starting to feel the fog being lifted. Regardless of how long this season is in our lives, I am so grateful to know that it came. And that I noticed.

No comments: