Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ladies, I need your advice.....Men, go find something else to do

I bought a valance today and I'm just not sure if I like it or not. At first I bought a different one and got it home and didn't like it at all so I took it back. Then I got home with this one and it was missing one of the rings. It's a balloon shade so it has all these plastic rings on the back or it so you can raise and lower it, but on the upper left it is missing the ring that the other ones connect to. Hard to explain, but anyway, it took me about 2 hours of messing with it to get it up there looking decent. But now I'm just not sure about the pattern. I know it's "in" now to have different patterns together. But I'm just not conviced. It's not in the picture but I have a laundry basket with a similar flower design. I wanted to have a valance to match the bed skirt, but I would have to order it on line and I'm just too impatient for all that jazz. Blah, blah, blah, I sound like my mother....

Anyway, honestly, what do you think? It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures.





6 comments:

debbie said...

It's cute. I don't like it as much as I like the bed skirt but I do like it.

Mad Housewife said...

I like it, very modern-looking to mis-match patterns like that. You're right, the pics don't do it justice, I'm sure, but as long as the colors match I don't think it matters what the patterns are. That room looks more wonderful each time you put in something new. I think I want to live there myself!

Maury said...

(still waiting for the AC/DC posters)

Maury said...

Oh crap, I forgot I wasn't supposed to say anything.

(what if she's scared of elephants, though?)

tmosh said...

what if you recovered the rockin chair with a purple-y white fabric like the valence to tie it all together?

Jenny Hintze said...

I've pretty much decided that this valance is going back to Target. I'm just going to order another bedskirt and let (make ;>) my mother-in-law make it into a valance.