Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Homestudy is done

Well, we finished up with the homestudy around 7:30. She was here about 2 1/2 hours. Things went fine, I guess. We had to talk to her about our childhood and family dynamic growing up. My family dynamic was not ideal I guess you could say. We had to talk about each one of our siblings, where they lived, their kids, married or single, what kind of relationship we have with them, etc. And since I have two brothers and two sisters I had quite a bit to cover. Anyway, it took me quite a bit longer to get through the story of my life than Phillip took with his.

Jackson was pretty shy with her at first. He wouldn't even look at her. But finally he came out of his shell a little and started showing her all his dang light sabers.

We could get a placement any day. Every time the phone rings I get all antsy.

In case you're wondering about the soup, it turned out good but very spicy. She was just writing the entire time she was here so we didn't stop to eat anything.

5 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

It sounds like it went well. I'm sure she was impressed and will have a child in that beautiful baby's room in no time! =)

mindy said...

question - who have you heard is good down here for obgyn? i need to get my annual and since we were gone last year at this time - know anything on lockett or yeager or any others?
thanks

Maury said...

Schroder at Texas Women's Hospital in Houston.

Jenny Hintze said...

Ok, I'm not sure that I'd listen to Maury about an obgyn, but he does seem to know a lot of stuff so who knows....

But Dr. Thompson that practices at the Women's Place in Angleton also practices in Houston and does hospital stuff at Texas Women's. I would recommend her or anyone in her practice. My experiences with them have been great. Their Houston # is 713-795-1000 and their Angleton # is 979-849-8287. Marlene, who is the Nurse Practitioner is great. But you may have a difficult time getting in. I, personally, am not crazy about Dr. Lockett. I think her bedside manner is less than stellar. I don't really know about any others.

I'm still cracking up that Maury actually responded to this question.

mindy said...

thanks for the info. i have gone to lockett before. she's actually the only one i have and i felt the same as you described. but i wondered if it was just me. so that confirms my feelings.
i'll look into the angleton one. i appreciate all the help - men & women alike...okay, maybe not alike but close enough :)