Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting a "real job" well, kind of, well, not really

I've accepted a job at a local preschool teaching 4 year olds for the '08-'09 school year. I'll be working Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. I'm not really sure if preschool work classifies as a "real job" but at least it will supply some predictable income for my hours of work. That's not always the case with photography. I'm certainly not stopping the photography thing. We can just use a little additional income and I have done preschool stuff in the past and it's just fun. I get kids and they get me. I can't say that for many of the adults I know. Simple minds think alike, I guess. Also, Mikey will be able to go there for 50% off so that's an added bonus. Mikey will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I'll have that time to edit pictures, take pictures, clean the house, or just sit around and eat chips. I was actually offered a position at two different preschools and I went with the school who spoke up first. It was not really fun having to tell the other folks I had already accepted a position, but such is life. I think I'm really going to like the school. The director seems like a really cool, down to earth person. She seems like someone I would actually want to hang out with in real life. So anyway, that's the latest news if you consider that news.

Oh yeah, another reason to do it:

Networking! I can stick business cards in their little backpacks! Okay, I'm totally kidding but if their moms just happen to see the advertising magnets on the side of my truck, that's just serendipity.

No comments: