Sunday, July 13, 2008

A wedding tag along

I went to a wedding this evening. I wasn't invited. I went anyway. Well, I was invited by the wedding photographer but not by the family. Anyway, this guy, Dan, was kind enough to let me sit around and watch him work. I learned a lot and it was really interesting to go to a wedding and just concentrate on the photographers and not the people getting married.

I may get into doing wedding photography one of these day if I can build up the confidence and the courage. And if I can afford to buy another camera and a couple more lenses and maybe some lighting stuff. And if I can convince my husband into shooting with me. And if I can get someone to hire me to do their wedding. So as you can see, there's some real potential here. I think if I can go tag along a couple more times and maybe be a second shooter a few times, I could actually give the wedding thing a real try. I guess we'll see where I end up if I keep doing this. In all seriousness though, seeing these people work helped me to see that it is totally possible for me to be able to shoot a wedding. It's really not as complicated as I originally thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, mark your calendar, October 24, 2009. We'll hire you for Chelsea and Hunter's wedding. Will that give you enough time to get the equipment and work on Phillip?