Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Busy few days

Today, Wednesday, and Thursday I will be taking school pictures for a preschool in Angleton. I got this gig from a photographer who used to live nearby but has since moved to the Houston area. It's a pretty big deal for me. I'll be photographing over 100 kids and the school staff. It will all be outdoors because I don't have (and don't want) a studio set up. I'm also offering some slots on Thursday afternoon/evening for people to come back for sibling or family shots. I sent home waivers for parents to sign so I'm hoping I'll have lots of new faces for my photo blog and website. I'm offering packages that they have *hopefully* preselected prior to seeing their picture. I'll snap a few of each kid and only edit my favorite and that will be their package picture. I thought about doing the proof thing and ordering after the fact but decided against it. I need this to go well. I'm a little worried because I'm coming down with a cold kind of thing and I'm loosing my voice again.

Next week I'm doing the same kind of thing at a daycare in L.J. That will be more kids in one day. I'm hoping to establish relationships with these two facilities so they will contact me in the future for their pictures. I'm also planning on sending out flyers to every preschool in L.J., Clute, and Freeport.

So I guess we'll see how it goes. I think I'll wear my lucky flip flops.

3 comments:

praynlady said...

in the voice of Tony Little,

"YOU CAN DOOO EET"!!!!!

The Reich Blog said...

Girl, you with rock no need to worry! I wish you had done Colt's this year at his school. Relax, you got this no problem.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the gig! I'm sure the lucky flip flops will make all the difference! Maybe this will become an annual event, wouldn't that be awesome? You will do great, you & kids are an unbeatable combination.