Thursday, October 16, 2008

Soon and very soon

My current computer needs to be replaced...bad. It was a great computer when we got it however many years ago. It's an imac of some sort. I'm not even going to attempt to tell you anything specific about it because I have no idea. All I know is that's it's barely able to function anymore. I've got a lot of stuff running on it. Photo editing takes me easily twice as long as it should because of this thing. The "spinning circle of death" is my worst enemy right now. So the plan is to replace this sucker some time in November or December. I'll be getting one of the new 13" macbooks and a new monitor. I'll also be getting the latest version of photoshop and aperture. I was really hoping to upgrade some of my camera equipment but the computer situation is more dire. I still might be able to upgrade the camera anyway. It just depends on how the next couple of months goes with the business. My current camera is fine but that doesn't make me want an upgrade any less. I've really never been much of an accumulator until this photography thing happened.

Jackson knows that when I get a new computer, this current computer will become his. For a 6 year old to have his own mac is pretty cool, I think. Once I get all my stuff off of it, Phillip's going to reformat it or something. I'm seriously totally inept when it comes to technical computer jargon....sorry Phillip. I told Jackson yesterday that I will be getting a new computer soon and he was pretty excited. He decided it would be an even better idea if he gets the new computer and I just keep using the one that I have. He says that he needs a laptop so he can take it with him wherever he goes. Dream on, kid. So we'll set him up with his own desk and stuff in the office. He will be able to go to http://www.hasbro.com/starwars to his heart's content. Actually, his internet time will be closely supervised and limited and all that unfun stuff.

I'm getting pretty busy lately. I've got the next seven Saturdays booked or partially booked and some other days sprinkled here and there. I'm afraid I'm going to get a Christmas rush soon and I'm hoping I don't have to turn people away. I guess that would be a nice problem to have. I've also got six wedding gigs between now and February. Only two of those weddings are actually my bookings. I'll be second shooting on the others for a local wedding photographer. That is a great way for me to get wedding experience without the pressure of perfection.

Mikey just woke up so that means my day has officially begun. It won't officially end until around 11:00 p.m. I better get started.

No comments: