Friday, October 24, 2008

Jackson: sensitive and demanding

A week or so ago I was looking at the pictures I took of the boys out at Varner Hogg. Jackson came in and wanted to look at the pictures too. We got to a few of Mikey. I said something like,"Aren't we so glad that we have a Mikey?" ....or something along those lines. Anyway, Jackson's eyes welled up with tears and he nodded. I asked him if he was crying and he said, "I just love Mikey so much and I'm glad he's here.".....or something along those lines. We both just sat there with tears in our eyes looking at pictures of two brothers put together by a God who knows exactly what he's doing.


Flip the coin over.


This morning I was asking Jackson what he wanted for breakfast. I gave him a couple of choices, one of which was pizza. I know, pizza for breakfast, what a way to start your day. Anyway, he said he wanted pizza. A little while later I started fixing their breakfast and I wasn't really thinking about what I was doing. I fixed him a waffle and told him to sit down and eat. He looked at his plate with a look of disgust and said, "I ordered pizza." A few minutes later after he started eating his "order" I heard him yell from the other room, "Where's my drink?!"

No comments: