Friday, January 23, 2009

More Mikey Mischief

I know I just blogged about some Mikey shenanigans this morning but I have a little time so I thought I'd do some more. You know those door knob covers that are supposed to keep a kid from opening a door? Well, Mikey can just pop those things right off without any trouble at all. We have 6 doors in our hallway. Three are bedrooms, 2 closets, and the bathroom. We keep those door knob things on all of those doors except Mikey's door. He can pull every one of them off in about 1 minute. We've tried two different kinds and he can get them both off. We've tried wrapping packing tape around the door knob covers to keep him from popping them off and he just carefully finds the end of the tape and pulls it off. We have to open doors for Jackson all the time because these door things keep him out of rooms instead of Mikey. So you might wonder why we keep them on at all or why we keep putting them on all day long. It's because it buys us some time. We hear them come off and we know he now has access to that room. And we go and stop him or remove him from the room and put the thing back on so we can do it all over again. This morning I only needed about 15 minutes to finish getting myself ready for work. It probably actually took me about 30 minutes because I had to keep stopping and getting him out of various rooms or closets. A friend asked why he can't just be in the bathroom with me while I get ready. Because he will put anything he can in the toilet (including himself) faster than humanly possible. Getting ready to go anywhere without Phillip home is next to impossible. Oh...and baby gates. That's another thing. He can knock those over if he wants to bad enough. He just kind of rams his shoulder into the gate over and over and over again until he gets one of the corners of the gate out of the doorway. Then he just knocks the whole gate down and walks over it. That takes much more time and effort than the door knob things. So, any suggestions? Other than tying him up? I don't think we're allowed to do that.

3 comments:

The Reich Blog said...

You better say your prayers girlfriend because I think you are in for a ride. However, he's so darn cute you can't be upset with him.

Jenny Hintze said...

Um, yeah, I can get upset with him.

The Reich Blog said...

I was kidding more than being serious. I know as a mom you can get upset because I do the same thing all the time, but he's still cute.