Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playing hooky

Jackson woke up with a debilitating leg cramp this morning. He's been limping and howling and crying all morning. I believe that it hurts. I really do. But I also know that Jackson's tolerance for pain is pretty nil. He had this kind of thing before a year or so ago when he had the flu. His electrolyte levels got too low and stiffened up his legs. That's most likely what this is too. I noticed a little while ago that he feels like he has a fever. My almost nurse sister-in-law said that when you've got a virus and/or fever you're more likely to have an electrolyte imbalance. So we'll just be pushing orange juice, bananas, gatorade, and pathetic attempts at walking all day. My mom came over to bring us some gatorade and orange juice. She's compassionate in ways that I am not. She believes he's in excruciating pain and I believe he probably hurts but needs to suck it up. He was milking it while she was here. Now he's stuck with his mean drill sergeant mommy again.

1 comment:

praynlady said...

Tell Jackson, that it's growing pains and that the more he has, the taller he'll be and when he's had a few more, then he'll be taller than his daddy! heehee