Thursday, January 08, 2009

Some friends of our are moving

Okay, our friends aren't actually moving until May or June but I'm already dreading it. I've known they were moving for a while now but it didn't really hit me until Sunday at church. I don't know if I was hormonal or what but I was having a hard time keeping it together. I was very briefly imagining "the goodbye" and it was just too much. I'm not much of a cryer most of the time. I try to avoid that if at all possible. I got home from church and had a good little cry while I was washing dishes. I hate washing dishes. Anyway, I know they won't be gone forever and I know we'll always be close but I'm still dreading it. It's like hanging over me, just this tinge of sadness that I can't really shake off. Good friends are hard to come by. Friends that feel like family are next to impossible to come by. And I don't want them to leave.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I don't like this post at all. I hate washing dishes too!

I'm glad to know you'll miss us. :)

(I assume you're talking about us..... ha!)

Jenny Hintze said...

Who are you?

Andrea said...

The person tbat will miss you too.

Jenny Hintze said...

What is "tbat"? Some Singaporean slang?

Andrea said...

Ok, I WON'T miss you making fun of me... :)

They do speak what they call "Singlish" there, though. It's pretty funny.

The Reich Blog said...

Oh no!!! It;s obvious you are very close to them. Sad to see them go, but now you have an excuse for a roadtrip.

Phillip Hintze said...

There's not much road between here and Singapore, I'm afraid.

The Reich Blog said...

I had a feeling that was coming Phillip... Sounds like a plane trip is needs to be in the works ever so often.