Monday, September 15, 2008

Some shots from around Lake Jackson, TX

I always feel like I have to apologize when I put crummy pictures on here. So, I'm sorry for the crumminess of these pictures. There you go.

Here are a few post Hurricane Ike pictures from around town.  The first picture is of our fallen tree limb in the back yard.  Missed the house by a few inches.

This house is at the corner of Narcissus and Ash. Not good. I feel pretty bad for these folks.


This is the side of our church's Youth Guy's house. Looks like it went through the side and maybe a little bit of the roof. Hard to tell.


This is a house down the street from us on Redwood. Thankfully the tree fell away from their house and didn't hit anything other than ground.


These next two are from the front of the Willson's house. Their big tree is just everywhere. But it seems to have pretty much missed the house. I was trying to get some pictures of their yard and all I got is tree. It looks like the tree just exploded. Crazy.

As you can see, there's a lot of tree damage.  There are still many people without power and who knows when that will be completely restored.  Just from the little bit of driving around I've done, it looks like most people's houses look okay.  There are lots of wooden fences down all over the place.  And there are traffic lights hanging all weird and out of whack.  We feel very fortunate that our house made it though without any damage.  Sometimes I really wonder why we live on the Gulf Coast.  I can't imagine living anywhere else.  

3 comments:

RanAshKenCoop said...

Thanks for posting the pictures Jenny. I've been curious. I'm so glad your house is ok - that tree fell SO close! Thanks for calling today.

Kimmie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimmie said...

Good Morning Jenny,
My name is Kimberly(Kim)Krueger and I'm from Victoria Texas..My heart goes out to each of you in Lake Jackson..Just to let you know my husband has been talking to the City manager there in Lake Jackson and he will be coming there soon to help rebuild fences in that area. If you know of anyone that may need a fence please forward this on.. WWW.KRUEGERSWOODFENCE.COM
We will be looking for a warehouse for equipment and supplies so if you know of any place, please let me know..We also will be bring a camper for the mean time.. Maybe you know a camp ground in that area that is up and running? Thank you..
Kim