Friday, September 05, 2008

We are no good at pulling teeth

Jackson has a tooth that's ready to fall out. It's just dangling there. It's his first loose tooth. Tonight we finally convinced Jackson to let us pull it out. I told him I would pay him $1 in addition to what the "tooth fairy" would give him. He actually sat there and allowed us to try to get that darn tooth out and we could not get it out. Phillip and I both tried. Phillip even got out the needle nose pliers. And the tooth still hung on for dear life. I think the last plier attempt probably hurt. We finally gave up and gave him the dollar anyway for letting us try. I'm sure he will have awful nightmares because of the whole ordeal. Poor thing. I just don't think we're cut out for this whole parenting thing.

4 comments:

debbie said...

Good grief! I am probably going to have nightmares thinking about it.

Andrea said...

I think we may have tried to pull a couple of Tori's but it's just gross so we just always let them hang there until they fall out or they pull it themselves. How's that for parenting? Anna just pulled one of hers the other day.

They would always try to keep them in long enough to plan a sleepover at Mimi's. The toothfairy had more money when they lost a tooth there. Go figure...

I think the toothfairy that comes to our house still owes our kids for a couple of teeth. She must have gone broke at the grandparents homes.

Amy said...

When mine were loose, I would use a kleenex to hold it and yank. It hurt and it bled, but it came out.

I'm glad we have a while before we have to deal with that with Ryan.

praynlady said...

Obviously, Andrea didn't tell you how our daddy pulled our teeth....it went something like this..

Ok Colleen, HOLD STiLL, WHILE I TIE THIS STRING ONTO THE TOOTH THAT IS BEGGING TO COME OUT. YOU KNOW IT WANTS TO...COME OUT THAT IS...SO....OK, THE STRING IS ATTATCHED, NOW, COLLEEN I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT HOW YOU'D LIKE TO BE OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW AND LOOK AT THE BACK DOOR....(WHILE I TIE THE OTHER END OF THE STRING TO THE FRONT DOOR)...(OTHER END IS TIED, DOOR IS OPENED MOST OF THE WAY), "COLLEEN, LOOK AT ME! NOW..(AS WE SCOOT TOWARDS THE BACK DOOR A "WEE" BIT)...

S.L.A.M. goes the front door, attatched to the other end of the string with my end coming out of my mouth with the tooth fairy product attached to my end....

All I can say is, though I'm sure the tooth fairy really loved us....21 cents just didn't seem like much for that danged tooth.....and it happened much like that each and every time thereafter...though we did use the kleenex trick and the pliers and I'm positive there were other methods employed just to entertain the DADgum fairy! haha