Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What a day! And it's only 1:30

Today was my first day teaching 4 year olds at a local preschool. Considering it was the first day, it went pretty well. We had one little guy who was pretty upset for the first half of the day. I have 10 boys and 6 girls. There's a TON of work involved in teaching preschool. I'm a little worried I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I've got a lot of balls to keep in the air and I just hope they don't all come tumbling down on top of me. (Okay, that's enough cheesy sayings). I got a fortune cookie several months ago that said, "As long as you don't take on anything new, you'll be fine." Well, I took on something new. So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Jackson had a really hard morning. They had to peel him off of me crying at the school this morning. It broke my heart. I wanted to just take him home and say "forget it!" But that's not possible. I'm hoping he calmed down quickly and had an okay day. Phillip and I really need to give him more one on one time when he's home. I wasn't crazy about going to school when I was his age either.

I have had coffee and two graham crackers today and I think I'm close to dying. So I guess I better go eat and maybe take a nap.

No comments: