Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Go Ahead




Go ahead. Scrutinize. Take a look at me through a microscope. I can tell you what you will find.

You would find that I am...

A friend and an enemy
I am fearless and terrified
I am meek and vicious
I am arrogant and humble
I am devious and honest
I am amusing and subdued
I am beautiful and I am ugly

I am all these things and more. I go through daily mental gymnastics to think, say, and do the things that are pleasing to my Creator. I am a slice of humanity. I am so far from perfect that I have a difficult time imagining what perfect looks like. But I am adored because of and inspite of all the things that make me who I am. I am adored by God even though He sees the filth that dwells in me. So examine what you perceive to be my life. I don't mind. He is who I answer to. He is who I seek to please.

4 comments:

Maury said...

One my favorite Kendall Payne songs is "Little Things." In it, she says:

Little Things

I don’t care what anybody thinks
I will stare when everybody blinks
I don’t mind the difference that they see

Cause He loves
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
About me…

I believe that everybody bleeds
Sticks and stones aren’t what has cut so deep
I won’t buy the hate they sell for free

And He loves
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
About me…

You can’t carry the weight of the world
I won’t carry the weight of the world

I can tell the hell that you’ve been through
It won’t make a difference what they do
They’ll still tell you all the lies are true

But I love
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
Every little thing
About you…


That last verse being from God's perspective, of course.

praynlady said...

Jenny, this is a really interesting post, especially as I just tagged you with a meme and it is all about how you feel about somethings. Go to my blog, copy and paste the statements and then re-answer them. You can tag others with it or create new statements and send it back or forwards. Any of the links are people that have tagged me or that I have tagged. It really is cathartic I think! Anyway it is just for fun.

praynlady said...

Jenny, thanks for doing the meme! Isn't it weird that it actually makes you think of whats important at the moment? Just a silly couple of statements and you can go back and look at them later and think....Cool!

ps...I have a big butt, does that mean you have laughed at me too? haha I laugh at myself all the time so it's ok. Just cut it out! Just kidding. Thanks, that was great. What are the odds Maury will actually do it? hehe

Jenny Hintze said...

Mostly the big butts I point out are the ones that are squozed (I like saying that) into clothing that's way too small. Maybe someday my butt will be large and in charge too.

And I would say the chances of Maury answering those questions is about zero....maybe negative 20.