Saturday, May 20, 2006

Weekend to Remember Day:1

Phillip and I are at a Family Life Marriage Conference. We have been married for six years in June and we have never been to any kind of marriage conference. Since Phillip's dad did our pre-marital counseling, I'm not sure that really even counts. So, anyway, it's a wonder we're still living under one roof. Just kidding. No, really, just kidding.

Anyway, we got to the hotel and waited in line to check in. The couple in front of us spent 10 minutes or so (ok, maybe not that long) griping to the check-in lady because they had reserved a King sized bed and were getting two doubles. They did lots of complaining and threatening to talk to the manager and all that stuff and still ended up with two double beds. So when we finally got up there to check in, we smiled and graciously accepted our two doubled beds even though we reserved a King because we saw their fruitless efforts. So last night, at a marriage conference, Phillip and I slept in separate beds. We have a King at home so we're used to not touching each other during the night while we're sleeping. We felt like June and Ward Cleaver. But like a friend of ours at the conference said, "You only need one bed for a few minutes anyway." Ok, Debbie, I'll stop there. I know you're reading this.

We thought we were getting a good deal because they put us on the Concierge floor and they have complementary breakfast on these two floors.....Mon-Fri. So much for that.

We sat next to a pen clicker and her husband. I tried and failed to steal her husband's book on accident. I don't know why click pens even exist. That is one of my few pet peeves. Well, there are more than a few. Pretty much any kind of repetative noise drives me crazy very quickly. So pen clicking falls into that. Also, half of what Jackson does in his daily life falls into that category also. I think today before we sit next to anyone I'm going to ask to borrow their pen. If it's a clicker pen, I'm either going to pretend to use it, give it back, and sit as far away from them as possible or I'm going to throw it across the room and run away. Not sure which yet.

We ended up sitting right next to people from our church. We were going to try and avoid anyone we knew, but it was cool. During the prayer me and my friend from church were making sex jokes. We didn't know the guy was praying until he said "Amen." We both thought it was pretty dang funny.

Anyway, that's it for now. I think we're supposed to learn something about conflict resolution today so that should come in handy.

No comments: