Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Pledge


I will love you unconditionally.

I will love your daddy more than any other person on this planet.
I will love myself so that I will not resent the other people I love.
I will try to teach you the things God is teaching me.
I will notice and point out when you do good things.
I will teach you to respect women.
I will always try to see you for who you are and not just who I want you to be.
I will pick my battles.
I will fight for you if you are not able to fight for yourself.
I will hug and kiss you not matter how big you get.
I will be safe to talk to.

I will not let you get away with being lazy.
I will not let you be one of those kids that adults dread to be around.
I will not let you take advantage of people.
I will not foster in you a sense of entitlement.
I will not always be there to catch you.
I will not let you be a quitter.
I will not do things for you that you are capable of doing yourself.
I will not let you lie your way out of trouble.
I will not be your friend.
I will not be a pushover.

I will not be perfect.

2 comments:

mindy said...

if only we could all do those things...it's a good pledge as a person to try.
thanks for the reminder.

katie said...

That was beautiful. I feel the same way about raising our son...it is such a fearsome and wonderful privilege God has given.