Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Conversation with Jackson

Jackson and I just had an interesting conversation. It went something like this......

Jackson: (with lightsaber in hand) When I grow up, will I be a real Jedi?

Me: (crushing his dreams) No, Jackson. Jedi aren't really real. They're just characters in a movie. When you grow up you might be daddy or a husband or a teacher or doctor or fireman or something like that.

Jackson: After I do all those things, then will I be a real Jedi?

Me: No. Nobody grows up to be a real Jedi. Jedi are not real people.

Jackson: I wish Jedi were real. Don't you wish that, Mom?

Me: Sure.

Jackson: I think everybody wishes that.

1 comment:

Jim Looby said...

Oh, I don't know. Maury and I have successfully kept our Knighthood under wraps for quite some time.