Sunday, October 08, 2006

Without the camera

Jackson and I went to the park after church this morning. I decided to leave the camera at home. So, instead of taking lots of pictures and getting on Jackson's nerves, I played with him. I climbed, I swung, I slid. I still managed to get on his nerves. But I think he was very glad that we came without the camera. Besides, I've gotten so many pictures of him at that dang park, they're all beginning to look the same.

I want to capture his childhood. I want to be able to remember what he looked like at every stage of his life. I want a tangible memory of every expression. But most of the time he just wants me to put the camera down and play with him. I think what he remembers about me is more important than what I remember about him. I don't need to forget that.

2 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

I've had the most fun playing and getting mud all over me at the park with my kids.

Maury said...

You need to get a pair of those "spy" sunglasses -- the one's that can take pictures. Then you can play, take pictures, and look cool all at the same time.