Monday, October 23, 2006

Strange brass horn

I was looking up musical instrument repair companies in Houston on google and I came across Fleming Instrument Repair. Check out these pictures that are under their "fun" section.


Pretty cool, huh?








B.T.W. the reason I was looking at that site is because I'm hoping to win an ebay auction in about six minutes for an old Tenor Sax Conn New Wonder. It dates from about 1920 and will need some work if I get it. It looks like I may be able to get it for a good price. The person that's selling it spelled "saxophone" wrong in the description which is probably why there has not been much interest in it. These horns in good playing condition are valued at over $2000. We'll see. If I win it, I'll be posting some pictures. If I don't, I'll be pouting. Gotta go. Can't be distracted.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those horns make me giggle. My son can give the one that blows from the hiney area a run for its money...

Jim Looby said...

Yeah, the first one must be called a "butt trumpet."

That last one...? I think that it might just be a dirty picture.