Monday, October 23, 2006

I won!! I won!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!

I just won that auction for the tenor sax. It is a Conn New Wonder Series 1 "Chu Berry" tenor from the early 1920's. Maybe talking about how much you spent on stuff is tacky, but oh well. I just got that horn for $305.00, plus shipping. I've seen that same horn go for between $900-2,000. It is valued at about $2800 if in mint condition, which this one is not. It will need to be repadded and recorked. But the body looks great. Here are some pictures from the auction. The case is horrible in a cool way. I'll probably have to replace it.










It will probably cost an additional $350 to get it in good playing condition. And that is a dang good deal for a horn like this. I sold my sax about four years ago and I have wanted it back ever since. I am really thrilled that I got this one at this price. Now I just hope that everything is as it should be when I get the actual horn. Hopefully the seller was straightforward about everything. It may take a few months to get it ready to play, but I'm one step closer to having a saxophone again.

Bidding on ebay at the last second is a total rush.

4 comments:

Maury said...

Bactine

Lysol

Clorox

Listerine


Now, I know it's been a while since I was at church, and I know the music wasn't going exactly a direction I could deal with — but please don't tell me horns have been added...

Jenny Hintze said...

No, no. No horns just yet. But I think Saddleback and Willow Creek use horns on occasion, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we follow suit. You won't catch me up there playing. If it could be arranged tastefully, then maybe, but I don't think we have to worry about that.

This is just for me.

Jim Looby said...

And if Saddleback and Willow Creek use kazoos...?



Actually, that might be awesome. "Kazoos for Christ."

Maury said...

Don't give anyone any ideas, Jim! SILENCIO!