Saturday, April 05, 2008

Adoption day prep

We just tried on Jackson's and Mikey's clothes for adoption day.  They are going to be so ridiculously cute!  The boys never have to dress nice so we had nothing already for them to wear.  It seemed a little silly buying this stuff they'll probably never wear again but it's an important day.  And they will look very cute for pictures!   

Mikey will be sporting slacks, button down blue shirt, and a sweater vest. I got him a tie too but it doesn't match the vest.  I might take it back and get another one.  

And Jackson will be in slacks, shirt and tie.  And we had to get Jackson some decent shoes.  We didn't think Converse All Stars would look quite right with the rest of the outfit.  We got him these cute little boat shoes.  Jackson's slacks look kind of funny because he's just so tall and skinny.  And the slacks we got him have a really long rise so he looks a little geeky.  But he's just a little boy so I think it's okay.

I'll try to get some pictures of them that morning before we leave the house if Mikey will cooperate.  By the way, I'm not really expecting Mikey to behave himself during the adoption proceedings.  He hates to be confined in any way.  And when we have to hold him or keep him from running around, he throws a fit like you've never seen.  Maybe he'll surprise me. Hopefully the judge will be quick about it.  

So check back Monday afternoon and I'm sure I'll have some pictures up.  Our friend Maury is going to take some pictures for us at the court house.  Maybe he'll post some somewhere....not sure.  Anyway, there will definitely be some pictures to see.  

And I've developed a nice cough the last couple of days for some reason.  It just came on out of the blue.  So I'll probably be coughing my head off during the whole thing.  

No comments: