Sunday, April 27, 2008

Adoption party - DONE!

Thanks to the help of lots of friends and family, we pulled off Mikey's adoption party this afternoon.  I'm not really sure how many people came.  We had plenty of food and lots left over. You just never really know how to prepare for these sorts of things.  But I think it was a good time to hang out and eat.  We reconnected with some old friends and hung out with our current old friends....ha!  ha!  Our old friends won't think that's very funny.  Anyway, people were very generous and we collected lots of stuff for the Pregnancy Help Center.  And now we have decided that all of Mikey's adoption business is officially out of the way and he's now just a regular kid.  And that is a good thing.

There was a time not so long ago that I couldn't have in my wildest dreams imagined this day.  I couldn't have imagined celebrating the adoption of a son with close friends and family.  I once wrote that "someday I will look back on all of this stuff that I feel like I’m drowning in and I will be able to say that it was worth it. Someday in the faces of whatever children God gives us I will see the reward."  I wrote that almost three years ago.  And I can honestly say that even though I still don't understand why things happened the way they did, my heart is whole, my life is complete, and I wouldn't change any of it for the world.  So much pain brought us to the day when we be filled with more joy than we ever could have imagined.  I look in the faces of my sons and the reward is great.  And it was all worth it.

1 comment:

debbie said...

We wouldn't trade any of it either. God has blessed us beyond our wildest imaginings. And he has blessed you and Phillip with wonderful friends. It was a fantastic thing to see how they stepped up and helped out to make the party what it was. So thanks to all of you who helped out in big ways and small. We love you for loving the ones we love. We are blessed by you.