Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jackson's birthday

Jackson's 6th birthday is coming up soon.  It's hard to believe he's growing up so quick.  But I don't want to think about that right now.  We've decided not to have an actual birthday party for him this year.  We're going to be taking him for a birthday weekend away.  It's not really the whole weekend.  It's just Friday evening and most of Saturday.  I got a great deal through Priceline for the Marriott Town Square in Sugarland.  Does anyone actually pay retail for hotel rooms anymore?  Anyway, it's going to be just Phillip, Jackson, and me.  We've decided to leave Mikey with the grandparents so we can have some alone time with Jack.  So for that day or so we're just going to do stuff that Jackson will enjoy.  We'll probably go to The Children's Museum and do some birthday shopping.  He can't really pick where we're eating though because we're not eating at McDonald's.  We're going to be getting him a Nintendo DS like he needs more video game options.  Anyway, it should be fun and we're looking forward to it.  I really think this will be more memorable for him than a whirlwind birthday party.  I guess we'll see.  

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh, you gotta eat at McD's at least once! It's his birthday afterall...

Anna's favorite place to eat in the world for a special occasion is The Cheesecake Factory - they have some normal kid food. I'm sure you can find a special place that you can all enjoy.

Anna and I will probably be going to Sugarland this summer for our mother/daughter weekend. I told her that the pool at that hotel is on the roof and they have a hot tub. She's thought that was pretty cool! I'm sure Cheesecake Factory will be on the list!

Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be a special birthday that Jackson will always remember.