Thursday, April 03, 2008

Random Thursday

Everybody else does "Random days of the week" posts so I thought I could too.  Here goes.

A bird family is trying to steal our mailbox.  I'm not quite sure what to do about it.  Jackson wants to "keep" the birds in our mailbox.  I'm somewhat inclined to agree with him but then there's the matter of where to put the actual mail.  Phillip, who is heartless, thinks we (I) should just remove all the twigs everyday until they get the message.  He said something like, "They might not even be trying to live there.  For all we know, they're just looking for a place to store their crap."  I really like the thought of that being the case.  I asked him how long they would stay if we let them live there.  He said, "Generations."  He's funny.

Jackson has become obsessed with playing paper, rock, scissors in the last couple of days.  He wants to play it all the time and as you can imagine, I have better things to do.  I told him this morning to go play it by himself.  It was really funny watching him try to beat his own self in that game.  He hates to loose so I thought it would work out nicely for him.  

We are out of grown up cereal so the last few mornings I've been eating Trix.  I now know why "Trix are for kids."  It's because they're gross.

My truck is so full of junk that the other morning as Jackson was climbing out of it, he knocked a plate out and onto the concrete.  It didn't break and it's still there now waiting to be knocked out again.  There's also a butt load of plastic easter eggs all over the floor board of the back seat.  I'll probably go out there and clean it once I'm done with this.  Historically speaking, my vehicles have always been full of junk.  I'm slightly embarrassed by that.

There have been some interesting dreams in our family lately.  From Mikey turning into a girl, to Phillip and Donald fighting giant spiders, to Donald being an undercover secret spy.  I can't wait to go to sleep tonight to see what happens next.  

And that is it for now.  I have to clean stuff and edit pictures.  




2 comments:

beth hintze said...

ok, first: you need to make Jackson a member of the World RPS Society! There is an actual website: http://worldrps.com/ (you'll have to cut and paste--i don't know how to do the link stuff). I think the site is hilarious! i once blogged about it and someone from the site commented on my blog!! second: Donald as a spider fighter and super-secret spy?! that is great!! i LOVE the mental picture!! ha! and third: i think all Hintze men have an aversion to birds nesting in inconvenient places. My dad once shot a momma bird who'd nested and had chicks(?) in our overhang! we could hear the baby birds crying...until the neighborhood cats got them! i wanted to call the humane society on my dad! ah, the memories!!

Jenny Hintze said...

That's pretty funny about the RPS Society. Those people have got be nutsy coo-coo. It would be cool to get Jackson a shirt but they only seem to have adult sizes.

Okay, that's just terrible about the bird thing. Man, that is so funny and terrible all at the same time. He should have been ashamed of himself.