Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hickin' up

I woke up with violent hick ups. Jack thinks it's pretty funny. A few years ago a little friend of ours (Reagan) was about Jack's age and when she had the hick ups she said that her mouth was hickin' up. We heard her say it one time and it has stuck. We use that phrase any time one of has the hick ups.

Somewhat along the same lines.....
It's funny how you kind of grasp onto little things that kids say and keep saying them long after the kid stops. We have many of those kinds of "sayings." Some are from Jackson, some are from my nieces who are now adults, some are from kids I babysat, or just various other kids we've known in our lives.

6 comments:

Jim Looby said...

Nexium. It helps.

Jenny Hintze said...

We are an over medicated society. I think I'll just try drinking water upside down.

Maury said...

Do you still have them?

Jenny Hintze said...

No, I scared them away.

Jim Looby said...

I agree with the statement about being over-medicated, but there are a few I believe in: Nexium (esophgeal reflux is NO fun), Tylenol (and Tylenol Sinus) and Benedryl. I'm sure Maury would add Imitrex, but it never seems to work for me.

And, frankly, I have a long list of folks I know who would benefit from some medication...

katie said...

KI-yo-tee. David's word for kite.

I corrected it all last week, then figured it was cute and just let him say it how he wants to. He's very careful and adamant in saying it incorrectly! i.e. "Can we go fwy my ki-YO-tee now?"

Lope-a-lope. My little sister's word for cantelope when she was 2.

Isn't it fun?