Sunday, August 20, 2006

Possible Travis sighting

I decided to check the Brazoria County SPCA website just to see if by some long shot Travis was there. And I found this picture of a cat named "Carter" who is an altered male. For those of you who know Travis well, what do you think? "Carter" is the brown striped cat. I e-mailed them and I plan on calling them first thing in the morning.



Below is a picture that we took of Travis in March. I really think it looks like the same cat. But I'd better not get my hopes up. I actually prayed for that cat last night. Just that if he is alive that we would be able to find him.

4 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

"Carter" seems to have more white around his mouth and between the eyes than Travis. Travis has the stripes above his brow starting between the eyes, while "Carter" has the stripes starting further up over the more white area as stated above. I know you miss your kitty, but I think you are just getting your hopes up.

We left my cat in Oklahoma with our old neighbor when we moved here, and I swear sometimes I see her prancing around Lake Jackson. Weird, huh? That's the love of a pet for you!

Jenny Hintze said...

Yeah, I'm just really not sure at all. We have quite a few pictures of Travis and his coloring looks a little different in all of them. Depending on the time of year, his coloring seems to change a little. And the picture from the SPCA is pretty washed out from the flash. Who knows. It would really be a long shot for it to be him, but it's worth checking in to. I do hope that we find him but I'm not counting on it.

Jim Looby said...

It's worth checking out, that's for sure.

Mad Housewife said...

Yes, do check it out. You could just adopt Carter anyway. And if Travis shows back up, he'll have a new cat to hang out with. :)