Friday, August 04, 2006

Waiting......

We are still waiting for the phone call. This is the worst part of the whole thing. Ok, that's not true. CPR/1st Aid training was the worst part. But this is pretty rough too. Every time the phone rings, I get all hopeful...and then it usually ends up being my mother. I'm not sleeping well because I'm so anxious. I'm just ready to get that baby in this house. I thought last Friday would be my last full Friday at work, but it's Friday again and I'm gearing up to go in all day. Once the baby gets here, I'm dropping my hours to less than half of what I'm working now. And I am VERY ready for that part of it too. Anyway, I know that we'll survive this part of it. And very soon we'll get the phone call we've been waiting for. I think I've heard somewhere that the last mile or two in a marathon is the hardest. Even after we get her, the marathon won't be over. Not until she's legally ours. And then, we'll probably start this whole process over again.

No comments: