Saturday, June 14, 2008

I miss my Jackson

It's been over a week now since Jack went with Donald and Debbie to Colorado.  And we've got almost a week left without him. It's starting to get weird.  Mikey keeps us pretty busy but it's so much quieter here without Jackson.  I'm not sad really, I just feel kind of lost. Like I don't really know what to do. I'm ready to get my hands on that little creep and I'm not going to be quick to let him go. He might be sleeping with us for a night or two after he gets home. But he's really difficult to sleep with. He slept with us before he left and he woke me up several times kicking me in my rib cage. I ended up finishing my night on the couch. Anyway, I miss him. I miss his sweaty little doggy smell and I miss holding his bony long-legged body in my lap. I'll be glad when he's home. And knowing me, after he's been home about 2 hours and I've thoroughly suffocated him with hugs I'll be rolling my eyes and getting irritated at him for all the weird things he does.

1 comment:

debbie said...

Yeah, we knew you would miss him. We are grateful that, in spite of that, you let him come with us. He is having such a good time. Right now he is in the paddle boat with Donald. I get up from here and go look out the window to watch them every now and then. He is always smiling and waving. People here in Fun Valley have gotten such a kick out of him. He is such a good
little boy and so pleasant. I don't think he told you two that he caught four rainbow trout. You should have seen his face when he brought in the first one. He caught the biggest one of the trip. Over 12 inches. And we cooked it for him. He enjoyed that. We will probably leave here tomorrow and go to Santa Fe (really Glorieta) to spend the night. Then the next day drive to Lubbock or somewhere warm so he can swim. Then Thursday night in Temple to see Josh and Ashley. And Friday home pretty early. Thanks again for letting him come with us. It has been a great trip.