Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Worthy Cause

I check the mail everyday expecting to find an anonymous note with a handsome amount of cash to help me in my new business venture. And everyday I am sadly disappointed. So I thought I would just take a few minutes to publicly announce my willingness to take your donations. Just use your imagination for a minute and imagine me sitting on a dirty street corner displaying my pictures with my camera case open in front of me for you to toss change (or bills) into. Have you ever looked at one of my pictures and thought, "that's cool" or "how cute"? Well, that's gotta be worth something. A friend of mine told me that some of my pictures of kids bring tears to her eyes. That's great. I appreciate that. But what's it worth to you? Who cares if it's just pictures of random people that you don't know. That's hardly the point. We pay for experiences in this life. So just take a minute and think about how my photography has impacted your life and donate accordingly. Maybe you would like to donate in loving memory of your grandmother who just loved pictures. That's fine. I'll take that too. In this world of questionable causes I just want to give you a solid cause you can feel good about donating to. That's all. This is for you. Giving makes your heart full.






And if this post is making you uncomfortable, you're taking it a little too seriously.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Any donations yet? Just curious.

Jenny Hintze said...

No! Dadgummit! I was at least hoping for ten cents.