Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some pictures from Colorado and we might be getting a dog

Here are a few pictures Debbie sent from Colorado.  I know the rocket ship pictures are a little hard to make out but Jack's sitting by himself in the middle of the first picture and by himself in the back of the other one.  I think the altitude (and wussiness) were getting to Donald and Debbie and they couldn't really handle the rides very well.  So Jack went on a bunch of them by himself.  This is the child who won't even go by himself to get donut holes at church.  But he'll go on a roller coaster by himself.  You can kind of tell in the jet picture that he's wearing his "Indiana Jones hat."  He's a big Indiana Jones fan right now.  Too bad most of the movies are rated PG13 and he can't watch them.  

It feels weird in this house without him. Just not quite loud or hectic enough. I talked to Jackson a few minutes ago. He watched some square dancing tonight. He thought that was pretty cool. He thinks Phillip and I should lean how to square dance. That would be so gross and funny. I've bugged Phillip before about taking dancing lessons but not square dancing lessons.









We're going to be doing a little trial run with a yorkie tomorrow. The owner is my sister-in-law's sister and she doesn't think she can keep him anymore. She's going to be recovering from some medical stuff so we're going to take him off her hands for a few days and see how it works out. He's six years old and probably very cute because pretty much all yorkies are. I think it would be a pretty good little dog for us if Mikey doesn't crush his skull. His name is Princeton, which is pretty fruity. So I think if we keep him we're going to have to change his name. I guess if we can change our own kid's given name, we can change a dog's given name. Maybe I'll put up a naming poll on my blog if it comes to that. But probably until we make up our minds about him we'll just call him "dog." We call our kids "boy" half the time so the dog shouldn't really deserve any better treatment. I'll probably post some pictures of him tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackson looks like he's having a great time in Colorado. I'm missing him.

Amy said...

He's getting so tall!