Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Summertime boys

Things my children will do this summer:

Guitar Lessons with Daddy
Mikey is doing really well.  His form is amazing as you can tell from the picture. I found Jack a cheap guitar chord poster for his room. He's really proud of it.  He likes F9, I think. 





Art Projects
Jackson owns about 6 or so plastic light sabers.  I'm probably underestimating the actual number of light sabers.  Some make noise and actually light up.  Some change color.  But he wants to make his own light sabers out of "beatin' sticks."  They're painting sticks from Lowes but we use them to spank him when we feel the need (or when we're bored.)
Come on, that was just a joke.  Good grief.  He got most of them from Phillip's parents but he stole a couple from me. The bottom picture shows his beatin' stick light saber collection.  I think he's used up all my beatin' sticks so next time I get to spank him, I get to use a light saber.  How cool is that?  Maybe it will make the experience more fun for both of us.





Play outside in the sprinkler
I'm on a little black&white kick with these next few pictures. Mostly because I forgot to use my WhiBal card and I don't feel like spending lots of time color correcting. Sorry, Maury. So basically I'm being lazy. But I like black&whites anyway so it's all good. Most of these are pretty self explanatory. But I wanted to point out a few things. In the first picture Mikey did not poop in his drawers. Phillip just thought it would be fun to fill up his pants with water and watch him walk around like that. And Phillip was right. It was funny. If you've got kids, especially boys, you've probably done it too. Third picture: notice Jackson squatting over the sprinkler in the background. Why do all little kids do this? Weird. And he likes putting the sprinkler down the front of his pants.  Probably another boy thing.  I have to point out Mikey's crazy little body in these pictures. He's got more muscles than I do, which really doesn't say much. But still. The dude is crazy ripped. And even though the last picture is kind of blurry, I think it's funny enough to post anyway. It looks like he's about to hulk out.









Debbie took a video of the boys playing on the slip and slide at their house. It's really funny and I want to post it on here. But Mikey's naked so I'm not sure if I should. I don't think naked baby diddle is offensive. I think I'll think about it a little longer and then post it, how's that? Fair warning.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Here are a few of my thoughts/observations...

1) Be sure to remind the boys how much fun they had playing in the sprinkler when they are teenagers and want a pool. Can you imagine teenagers playing in a sprinkler? That's funny!

2) That vein on top of Phillip's head is "crazy" big.

3) Mikey's belly looks like it's hanging on the ground in one of those shots.

4) It's a great post and great pics. I always enjoy seeing the pictures you take of your boys.

5) You should color that last picture of Mikey green.

6) My vote is "no" on the naked baby video. Come on', where's the respect and privacy? But I totally know you're going to do what you want to anyway. I won't be watching that one... Taking pity on the helpless, I will respect your children's privacy.

Jenny Hintze said...

Alright, alright. I knew you would say that. So predictable. How's this, I'll e-mail it out to some people who will appreciate how funny and artfully done it is. It's like a documentary. People are naked in documentaries, right?

Phillip does have a big vein on his head. Probably why he's so stinking smart. My head vein is probably really small.

Andrea said...

I came back to this post because I was going to delete my comment and you already commented behind me. I'm such an insecure blogger! After mulling it over it just all sounded so critical. I care about what y'all think alot more than I care about what most others think. I would never want to hurt you. I at least should have put the #4 thought in the #1 spot and started off encouraging!

I know, I know, you're going to say you didn't think a thing of it and for me to quit worrying. You're pretty predictable too! :)

And... I'm sure you think Phillip's vein is sexy and that's all that matters! (Yes, I said sexy, how's that for unpredicatble?!)

Jenny Hintze said...

Well, THAT'S certainly unpredictable!